International Recruitment


Are you a teacher living outside of New Zealand? Do you want to be a teacher living in New Zealand? With Teachers being on the skills shortage list, now is the right time to start a new life in New Zealand.


How could we support you in getting a visa and getting here?

Millie’s House is an Accredited Employer with the New Zealand Immigration Service, which means we are able to apply for, and support teachers, from outside New Zealand to gain a Visa to work and live in New Zealand.

2022 has been a great year for a number of teachers from overseas joining our Millie’s House Early Childhood Education centres. We have some good experience and we have loved going through the process with them. The excitement of starting a new life and adventure is infectious and our teams have joined in on the excitement of bringing some wonderful teachers (kaiako) to New Zealand.

Apply Online


Relocation costs

As an overseas-trained teacher coming to New Zealand to fill a teaching vacancy, you may be eligible for an Overseas Relocation Grant of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) to recompensate you for the costs of qualification conversion, visa application, flights, accomodation, etc.


Where would you teach?

Where would you like to teach? We have five centres in the Wellington Region, three in the Christchurch region and two in Auckland. Most of them are full childcare and learning centres catering for children from 0-5 years old. Two of them just focus on the preschool age of children over two. They all follow the New Zealand curriculum, Te Whariki and have a lot of fun doing so, in a play based local curriculum.


How do I get more information?

If you are interested in coming to New Zealand with our support, please apply now and upload your CV and Cover letter and we will set up an online meeting with you to talk about your dreams and how we can help you achieve them.

Apply Now